Troubleshooting the Bruno Elan stair lift.
If the lift is not working the following guide has a list of common things to check. This lift does not have a diagnostic display or fault codes, this lift uses beep codes. If your Bruno lift only beeps and there is no movement there is a problem that needs to be resolved. We have most common parts in stock for fast repairs. Service for most Bruno stair lifts including the Elite SRE-2010 and CRE 2010 curved lift.
- Make sure the seat is swiveled and in the locked position before hitting the toggle switch on the armrest.
- Make sure the armrests are folded down. The lift will not operate if the armrests are folded up.
- The footrest and carriage are equipped with obstruction sensors which stop the carriage if an obstacle is encountered on the stairs. The sensors are directional if you traveling up the stair and encounter an obstruction the lift will stop. Reverse the direction and remove the obstruction.
- The lift has a circuit breaker with a built-in ON/OFF switch located on the back of the carriage. If the lift stops working completely, check the circuit breaker.
Bruno SRE-3000 Owners manual
Elan Battery Charger LED’S and Meaning
The Bruno Elan battery charger is a 120VAC to 24VDC, 1A output charging unit with continuous monitoring.
LED Color, Function Status, Problem and Remedy
RED – AC power is on. If no red light is present make sure the charger is plugged into a live outlet.
RED (flashing) – Defective batteries in the unit call for service.
YELLOW- Batteries are charging, normal status is OK.
GREEN – Battery fully charged status good.
If the charging unit is plugged into a working outlet and does not have a red indicator light on it will need to be replaced. The Bruno 3000 charger contains internal circuit boards that perform many functions that can’t be easily repaired.
Audio Diagnostic Tones
The SRE-3000 uses audible tones to assist in lift diagnostics and monitoring. The circuit board provided on the SRE-3000 is equipped with diagnostic modes that continuously monitor the unit’s operation. Some tones are normal indicating standard operation, most will require a chairlift technician for repair.
- When the circuit board is powered up the lift will: Chirp
- When a safety device is activated it will also: Chirp
- Seat safety disengaged: Chirp repeats every 3 seconds until the seat safety switch is re-engaged and in the normal operating position.
- Parked position with charge not detected: 5 Beeps (3 short and 2 long) Repeats every 4 minutes until the seat safety switch is disengaged, the battery voltage increases, or the switch is pressed.
- Battery voltage critical: 5 Beeps (2 short and 3 long). Repeats once a minute until the voltage exceeds 16V or the switch is pressed.
- Switch active during power-up: 2 Beeps / Pause / 5 Beeps (long beeps indicate which switches are active). The unit will repeat beeps every 5 seconds until all switches are off.
- More than one switch active: 2 Beeps / Pause/ 5 Beeps (long beeps indicate which switches are active)Repeats every 30 seconds until all switches are off.
- Transmitter ID Memory Full: 3 Beeps (1 short and 2 long)